Fiordland Marine Guardians call for nominations
Call for nominations for Fiordland Marine Guardians
The Minister for the Environment is seeking nominations for Members of the Fiordland Marine Guardians (the Guardians).
The Guardians are an advisory group established by the Fiordland (Te Moana o Atawhenua) Marine Management Act 2005. They are responsible for providing advice to Ministers, government departments and Environment Southland on the management of the Fiordland (Te Moana o Atawhenua) Marine Area.
The membership of the Guardians must reflect a balanced mix of knowledge and experience in relation to the Fiordland (Te Moana o Atawhenua) Marine Area. At least five members must reside in the Otago or Southland regions.
Three positions are currently available to be filled.
Members of the Fiordland Marine Guardians should have the following skills:
· knowledge, experience and expertise in one or more aspects relevant to managing the Fiordland Marine Area
· the ability to work with other members of the Guardians and with agency officials to establish common goals and work cooperatively to achieve them
· the ability to network and consult effectively with stakeholders and community groups
· an understanding of effective governance and strategy
· an understanding of, or interest in, environmental law relevant to managing the Fiordland Marine Area
· personal integrity
· the interest, enthusiasm and time needed to contribute effectively to the work of the Fiordland Marine Guardians.
Read the position description.
How to apply
Submit the following application documents to the Ministry for the Environment by the closing date:
· completed nomination form
· a current CV
· a cover letter outlining how you/the nominee meet the position requirements.
Download a nomination form
Fiordland Marine Guardians Nomination Form.pdf [PDF, 287 KB]
Fiordland Marine Guardians Nomination Form.docx [MS Word, 100 KB]
By post: Fiordland Marine Guardians Nominations
Ministry for the Environment
PO Box 10362
For further information or enquiries contact:
Phone: 022 068 4921
Nominations close 5pm, Friday 15 June 2018
Posted on: Tuesday, 29 May 2018